Sunday 22 July 2012

Hair Hero: Macadamia Deep Repair Masque


Firstly, some sun in the UK! I need some vitamin D, was starting to feel like a zombie, so hurray for that. Secondly, sorry for being naff with posting but I want to start doing different types of posts, I'm sure its getting boring with me reviewing products almost all the time. 
This post is a review AGAIN! Hahaha!!! But I am having a really difficult time in trying to grow my hair, I have no idea why it doesn't grow. My hairdresser told me that hair can stop growing when it gets to a certain length and sure hope this is not me :( To help the situation along, I am trying to not cut it and decided the best way is to use a good conditioner to keep my ends in tip top condition.
FYI: I did cut my own hair and failed miserably. It looked shit and was uneven, so that was a huge fail. Lesson: leave it to the professionals.

As there was so much hype around the Macadamia hair range, I obviously jumped on the bandwagon and I wanted to add my two pennies ;) The product that got the most hype was the Deep Repair Masque and I totally see why. Macadamia say:

"Our Macadamia and Argan oils combine with tea tree and chamomile oils, aloe and algae extracts to produce miracle-like hair rejuvenation"

It does nothing but good things for the ends of my hair (dare I agree and say it is a miracle product, a bit too far maybe, but not far off!). This is perfect with people who have really dry ends or use a lot of heat in their hair.

I use this in the shower, apply it to the ends of my hair and leave it for around 10 minutes (during which I exfoliate and warm up my vocal cords). When I wash it out, my hair is left feeling soft, smooth and very nourished! The texture is as expected: very thick, therefore, you need a small amount, but it is still really nice to apply to the hair.


It smells good and the scent stays in my hair. I expected the smell to be nutty or a chocolate/vanilla scent but it smells like a hair product (that is not even helpful, ha!), just quite feminine, clean and reminds me of the hairdressers.
I have been using it for 5 months and this stuff is seriously amazing!!! I use it sparingly (once a week) because it is such a moisturising product, I think twice would be a bit too much, plus, my hair can get greasy really easy (but I have dry ends?...WEIRD!) I was lucky and managed to get mine off CheapSmells when it was £10.

The dodgy hair cut I gave myself did help hack off the split ends and the Dove conditioner I blogged about here and this hair masque has helped to condition the ends of my hair. My hair is naturally wavy/frizzy/bird's nest, with my Dad even questionning if I own a brush, but with this, I feel my hair is slightly more tame and it doesn't weigh my hair down. I also struggle with dry ends because of my hair type and the more I have used this masque, the better my ends are and so makes my hair look healthier overall. I also use a hair oil once every two weeks, which helps as well.

If you haven't tried it, you need to, it is an amazing product, but £25 is a bit much, having said that it does last me quite a while. If you check BuyaPowa, they had a deal recently where it was around the £8ish mark, so it is worth shopping around.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend ;)


Devia xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love your new post! Will def try the hair mask! Keep the posts coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You have to try it and I will try my best ;) xoxo

      Delete